Wednesday 4 April 2007

Google Search Engine

Well I've been playing about with google add ons and have now added a custom search bar to my site. This is in development, but for the moment all the companies that have labels on here have been added to the list of ones that should come up to the top of searches to help you get more information from the web about them. The engine does search the entire web, not just those sites I have indicated, but it puts emphasis on the ones specified.

eg If you type - appexpress - into the search bar, it is weighted to bring up information from Tadpole Endeavors first followed by any other appexpress information available...............or at least it should......lol Depends on how well I get the background stuff set up.

My home page for the search engine is http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=012200763190033080037%3A4ubh5ldctbq&hl=en

From my blog page or from the home page you can click the +google button and add my search engine to your own personalised google homepage for more defined results on the shares or companies I blog on about.

Like I said, it is in development, so it could change its look several times over the next few days. It did several times last night as I played about with it :o)