Monday 26 February 2007

Global Coal Management (GCM.L)- was Asia Energy - Is it a Recovery Stock?

I mentioned in an earlier post that I do like to look for what I think will be a recovery stock.

Asia Energy has been on my watchlist since 2004 when it was tipped to me by a friend. I didn't have spare cash to have a go at it then, but it peaked at about £9.00 + and I was kicking myself for not finding the cash to buy some, then last year it hit the 'pits' (pun intended).

I had paid it no attention at all for a long time and didn't notice the fall, but lately I noticed Global Coal Management on my watchlist (which quite frankly is far too long to properly watch anymore) and i thought.....'now what is that company and who gave me that tip'. Truth is I hadn't known or noticed that Asia Energy had changed its name.

So anyway, I went and had a look at Global Coal Management today and I'm thinking this might be something I'll buy not just watch. I'm away to pull together some info on it and will come back later to update this post.